Sunday, July 17, 2016

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Ella and Louis (1956)

1. Can't We Be Friends?
2. Isn't This a Lovely Day?
3. Moonlight in Vermont
4. They Can't Take That Away from Me
5. Under a Blanket of Blue
6. Tenderly
7. A Foggy Day
8. Stars Fell on Alabama
9. Cheek to Cheek
10. The Nearness of You
11. April in Paris

Louis Armstrong - vocals, trumpet
Ella Fitzgerald - vocals
Ray Brown - bass
Herb Ellis - guitar
Oscar Peterson - piano
Buddy Rich - drums
Buddy Bregman - Arranger / Conductor

2 comments:

  1. Just take a look at the people playing on this record.
    This is the first album I actually put on a stereogramme as a kid. My parents weren't around and I cranked it up. How blessed was I to hear magnificence and the greatest female voice to grace this planet. EVER. Ella's voice is heavenly and gracious. This album is pure joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many thanks for this collaboration of two giants and their remarkable side men. Thanks, too, for all the work in posting so much truly wonderful music. Your blog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete